The Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development was adopted on 25 September 2015 by Heads of State and Government at a special United Nations summit through the resolution "Transforming our world: Agenda 2030 for sustainable development".
It contains 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 specific targets to be met by 2030 with the goal to stimulate action in 5 areas of critical importance: people, the planet, prosperity, peace and partnership.
This resolution appeals to develop ambitious national responses to implement the 2030 Agenda. For this reason, the Government of Catalonia, via the Government Plan for the eleventh legislature, pledged to preparing a Plan for the application of the 2030 Agenda.
In September 2016 the Advisory Council for Sustainable Development (CADS) launched the report 'The 2030 Agenda: transform Catalonia, improve the world', which identifies key elements for localising the SDGs in Catalonia. It was approved by the Members of the CADS in a plenary session held on 27 September 2016, the first anniversary of the approval of the 2030 Agenda by the United Nations.
The report is not intended to represent a Government Plan for the application of the 2030 Agenda, but rather to identify the challenges contained in each SDG so that the Government can prepare a plan.
Concretely, the report:
- Includes a preliminary International and European diagnosis for every SDG.
- Contains a target-by-target Catalana diagnosis.
- Identifies the overall challenges thant need to be addressed in Catalonia for every SDG (except SDG 17 given its instrumental nature).
The report was elaborated by the members of the council with the contribution of more than 60 external experts and stakeholders.
On 14th February 2017, the Government officially decided to design an overall strategy for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Catalonia and established the institutional architecture to make this strategy possible:
- Inter-ministerial Commission: composed by the secretary generals of all departments and chaired by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Institutional Relations and Transparency. Functions: to coordinate elaboration of the National Plan to ensure consistency and monitor compliance with the 17 SDGS in the Agenda and to approve the final Plan proposal to be delivered to the Government.
- Technical Committee: composed by all departments (represented by director generals and/or chiefs of their technical offices) and charged of developing the National Plan for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
The Advisory Council for the Sustainable Development of Catalonia (CADS) assists the Inter-ministerial Commission and the Technical Committee.
For more information on the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda in Catalonia, please click here.
Before the High Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), the Catalan Government organizes seminars focused on the SDGs to be analysed that year. These seminars include keynotes speeches by recognized experts and roundtables with stakeholders.
En el marc del procés d’elaboració del Pla Nacional per a la implementació de l'Agenda 2030 a Catalunya, on actualment treballen els diversos departaments de la Generalitat de Catalunya, s’ha organitzat un cicle de 6 jornades per analitzar alguns dels reptes i compromisos que el nostre país té plantejats en relació als 6 Objectius de Desenvolupament Sostenible (ODS) analitzats al Fòrum Polític d'Alt Nivell de Nacions Unides 2017.
En els següents enllaços trobareu el resum, les presentacions i els vídeos de cadascuna de les jornades: